Whether you’re just starting out, or you’ve had your website set up for a while, it’s not unusual to see lower traffic numbers than you’d hoped for. If you’d like to improve those metrics, Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns can be an easy fix.
Pay-Per-Click marketing campaigns, also sometimes referred to as Cost-Per-Click (CPC) campaigns, are those where businesses bid for their ads to be placed on relevant Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) and websites. As a PPC advertiser, you only pay for an ad when a visitor clicks on it. This is different from Pay-Per-View (PPV) marketing, where you pay for an ad as soon as it is displayed to website visitors.
This marketing model is an excellent way to increase search engine traffic, and automating the process can help you to reap the benefits without the need to spend large amounts of time or money.
PPC marketing campaigns can benefit just about any type of business. This includes e-commerce and affiliate marketing websites, as well as software and service providers.
Their benefits are quite extensive. For example, using PPC campaigns to promote your business can provide you with a steady flow of new traffic, enable you to personalize your ads, let you change your ads as often as needed and make it easy to track results
In order to get the best outcome from PPC marketing campaigns, you’ll want to implement an automated process. This will take less time to set up, make it possible to improve how you spend your money, and offer a more personalized experience without much extra work.
Improved Return on Investment (ROI)
While PPC campaigns are often set once and then forgotten, an automated process will help your campaign make adjustments based on audience demographics, user behaviors, etc. This means you’ll have greater odds of targeting your audience more effectively, and therefore improving your ROI.
To achieve this, we recommend that you:
- Take a 360-degree view of your marketing campaign. It’s important to understand how all aspects of your campaign—such as lead capturing and engagement—play a role. By using an open-source marketing hub such as CampaignChain, you can stay up-to-date on your automated campaigns and make changes if necessary.
- Peruse historical data. If you’re not sure when to start your next big PPC campaign, it can help to look at historical data. CampaignChain and Google Analytics are both tools that offer this feature, helping you increase the odds of a positive ROI.
Finding and leveraging the right tools will play a key role in your PPC marketing success. By using CampaignChain, for example, you can keep track of visitor engagement, website traffic, and even the entire customer journey. The trends you identify from that data can inform the next steps in your PPC campaign.
While ROI is important, it can also be helpful to look at more direct numbers. This includes keeping a close eye on net profits. This metric will give you an idea of how successful your campaigns are, especially if you have historical trends to look back on.
You can certainly increase profits with a manual marketing campaign, but an automated PPC campaign is able to shift its focus quickly, depending on the results you’re getting. This means your campaign will be forever changing to better meet your audience’s needs, therefore improving the odds of customer conversions.
To boost the profits generated by your PPC campaigns, you can use automated software to:
- Expand your target keywords. When you enable an automated tool (such as AdWords Editor) to make more of its own “decisions,” such as which keywords to include in your campaign, you can increase profits by strategically targeting a larger audience.
- Create a flexible budget. Not all campaign days will require you to spend the same amount of money, which is why a flexible budget is key to increasing profits over time. With a carefully configured and automated budgeting system, something you can set up through Google Analytics, you’ll be able to let the software make effective decisions based on the latest data.
Perhaps the most beneficial aspect of automated campaigns is the ability for the software to make day-to-day decisions as it sees fit. With AdWords Editor, for example, you can trust that the software will make the best decisions in order to expand your campaign’s reach.
Streamlined Data Collection and Processing
Whether your campaigns are manual or automated, customer data will drive the decisions you make. This includes the demographics you market to, as well as the platforms you use to reach them. However, manual collection and utilization of data can take a lot of time and effort.
An automated process will spend the same amount of time collecting data, whether it’s on 1,000 audience members or 10,000. This is why an automated PPC campaign is so efficient. To take advantage of this fact, you can:
- Target a larger audience. With an automated campaign, you can target a larger audience without spending more time doing so. This will enable you to collect additional data on your audience members and results.
- Implement automated segmentation. Segmentation enables you to split your audience members into groups for more precise tracking, based on user behaviors and demographics. Tools such as Google Analytics enable you to set up segment filters, and then the software will do the rest.
You can even set limits on your segmentation, to reduce the risk of over-generalizing your audience. This will ensure that the automated software continues to make decisions that move your PPC campaign forward.
It’s not always easy to run successful marketing campaigns online. However, the use of Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising techniques can help a lot, and this is especially true when the process is automated effectively.
Do you have any questions about automated PPC marketing campaigns, or how you can use them in your business? Let us know in the comments section below!